Saturday, January 30, 2010

Here are a few pictures of my progress as promised.


This is about as far as i want to take the tractor apart. The engine is running quite well and I don't want to risk running into an issue by pulling it from the frame. The frame appears to be is really great shape.


The tub is in rough shape. It will need quite a bit of attention to bring it back to it's original state.


Here are the seat cushions. As they currently sit they are pretty much trashed. It looks like at some point in this tractors life it was raided by mice that were able to pull most of the padding out of the many holes in the cushions. I'll be interested to see how the fabrication of the new seats comes out. I'm thinking of maybe straying from the original design of the tractor and having them reupholstered in some heavy duty waterproof black canvas.


Here is one of my tupperware bins after my latest trip to the hardware store. I have been able to find all new screws and blots at the local hardware store. It's been unbelievably time consuming removing and individually labeling every single screw, nut and bolt but i think the finished product will look great with all new shiny hardware. The labeling and recording process will make reassembly much easier.

I'm at a point where i really want to start sanding and painting but I need to wait until the weather warms up a bit before i can. i don't really want to sand down the parts and leave them exposed to the elements unprotected. There are a few parts that need to be fabricated. I think doing that will keep me busy while i wait for the warmer weather.

1 comment:

  1. is there a way I could contact you with some questions?

    ReplyDelete