Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mower deck

I've had the tractor running great for a while now and I have been using it to mow the lawn. I took some time over the past couple days and refinished the mower deck. I greased up all the pulleys, sharpened the blades, adjusted the tension on the belt and most gratifying of all is the fresh paint job. I took it for a spin and it cuts just like the day it left the factory 40 years ago.







The next thing on my list are the wheels... I was going to get new tires but I have since decided to keep the ones I have until they need replacing. It is after all a work tractor and not a show piece.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you could help me out on the size of your deck belt? I cant find any info anywhere on the relacment belt I need to get the mower deck going. your tractor is very simular to mine which I think is a 1966. The deck is the exact same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très bon travail je viens d'acquérir le maime dans un état abandonné que je suis entrain de restaurer c'est possible d'avoir des photos sur les branchements électriques régulateurs de tension chema électriques il jai refait le moteur

    ReplyDelete